The next ALLICE Event will be held at:
138 Edmund Street
On: 16th September 2015
Between: 12.00 - 2:00pm
Social media - more than marketing
Everyone assumes that social media for enterprise is all about selling. In fact it has great potential for personal and professional development. Our next session is a practical introduction to using a variety of social media as part of a personal knowledge management system: learning, curating useful knowledge and building relationships and a personal brand as expert.
Helene Russell, author, speaker, and consultant at TheKnowledgeBusiness, will help you to develop:
• an understanding of the variety of social media tools and social networks available to you and their context for knowledge sharing, learning and engagement
• your personal approach to effective management and curation of information, avoiding information overload
• strategies for using web tools in an efficient way
• strategies to build a trusted network, strong relationships and valuable knowledge-sharing conversations and build a personal brand as expert in your field
• tools for tracking the effectiveness of your personal social media strategy.
With only 2 hours available, this will of course be just an outline view, but you will leave with plenty of new ideas to try/people to follow and cheat-sheets for getting started.
About Helene Russell:
Helene was a dispute resolution solicitor for a decade then worked as a Professional Support Lawyer for five years. She now runs her own business offering training, consultancy and implementation help for law firms with their know-how and knowledge management.
Helene is the author of the Law Society’s “Knowledge Management Handbook“ published in July 2012 and will shortly be publishing her next textbook on KM projects for law firms "A Year of Living Knowledgeably".
Helene is also founder of Knowledge Network West, the knowledge-sharing and networking group for KM professionals, which is based in Bristol but will shortly be expanding to Birmingham and Manchester.
For more information please go to:
Follow Helene on twitter @heleneadby and introduce yourself/ask questions/have a conversation before the session.